SOVRN banner

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sun memorabilia

During my tenure at Sun, I was able to collect a series of stuff identified with the Sun brand. I guess that many customers just came to our shows to get some of the archetypal Sun mugs, starting with the classical Java mug

Mugs against "Technology Craziness" (I guess this is a post-dot-com mug)


And of course the mugs delivered for the local edition of the Java Expo, a re-known event, probably the most famous in the IT sector in Spain in the early 2000s

The other mug is a general branding mug with the inscription "Conecta 2" (Connected).
Another fine mug is this pair advertising the "Mainframe Rehosting" program from Sun, that tried to erode the IBM's mainframe market (with no success, by the way), but the mugs are just great (as the mainframes are...)
Another mug I like very much is this one, from StorageTek, including an anti-sliding base and prepared to keep your coffee warm
A fine collection I'm proud to have, as you can see

In another occasion I'll show you my t-shirts collection (some of my mates thought Sun was an apparel company...). To close this post, I'll show you another amazing Sun piece of merchandising the Sun car:
Well, it is smaller than it seems, but is quite useful though:

Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment